Noon position 7/8/16: 53 42.4505N 139 48.3776W
Noon to noon distance travelled: 97 nm
Total distance travelled: 2423 nm
Distance to Sitka: 260 nm
When I woke up for my night watch, I was pretty discouraged to see our overnight mileage was likely not sufficient to help us meet our anticipated landfall date of 7/10. I decided I needed to not focus on the discouragement and realized I have an important role to play in maintaining ship's morale and that I needed to focus on what I could do to make today as good as possible. I decided that my word of the day is fortitude. Tomorrow may be perseverance. The next day, maybe patience. It looks like our arrival date will likely be July 11th instead of the 10th, and I'm okay with that.
Otherwise we just sail along. The skies are sunny right now and I just woke up from a good nap. The boat motion is pretty good and I've got a yummy lunch planned, chicken curry wraps with our last tortillas. I hard boiled 8 of our 9 last eggs this morning (I'm saving one for brownies this afternoon) and one was bad. I'm glad I discovered it as a boiled egg and not once I put it in brownie batter! I will be cracking that last egg in a separate container to ensure it is good before committing to brownies!

Ok! Good attitude. We are praying for you still.
ReplyDeleteI have a word for you...REMARKABLE! We are looking forward to the post where you first say "LAND Ho!"(That's two words!) Enjoy every moment. Xxoo
ReplyDeleteI have a word for you...REMARKABLE! We are looking forward to the post where you first say "LAND Ho!"(That's two words!) Enjoy every moment. Xxoo
ReplyDeleteI am here in Whitehorse with Cheryl and Harlan. I can't believe how close we will be and I am so happy you are nearly here. I smell in awe of what you guys have done. Can't wait to see you. Much love. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI am here in Whitehorse with Cheryl and Harlan. I can't believe how close we will be and I am so happy you are nearly here. I smell in awe of what you guys have done. Can't wait to see you. Much love. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat's AM in awe, sheesh darn auto correct!
ReplyDelete