Noon position 7/9/16: 54 54.4455N 137 39.6139W
Noon to noon distance travelled: 107 nm
Total distance travelled: 2530 nm
Distance to Sitka: 160 nm
Now this is perfect sailing. After a fairly frustrating night with shifty wind, that made for either frustratingly slow progress in the direction we wanted to go, or only progress with more easting in it than we wanted (yes, we want to go to Sitka, not Craig!), we've got the perfect conditions right now. 10 kts on the beam making a perfect course at close to 6 kts. The seas are very calm and we are making great time. I just woke up from an almost 3 hour nap and my brain is pretty fuzzy, but I feel terrific.
Perseverance was/is the word of the day, but I'm finding I don't need to focus so much on it right now. Maybe later, but for now I can glory in how things are right now. 160 mm to go, so close and we are so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment