Noon position 7/7/16: 52 35.7524N 141 42.6141W
Noon to noon distance travelled: 103 nm
Total distance travelled: 2326 nm
Distance to Sitka: 354 nm
You tired of hearing about this passage yet? We are tired of living it, but we are in the home stretch. Thank goodness. After the headwinds of yesterday that made it impossible to point where we wanted to, the wind clocked around and we are now on a close reach. We are heeled over, and the sea state means we are crashing into waves, but most important, we are going exactly where we need to go at a decent pace given the sea state. It looks like we will have this wind for the next three days then it's supposed to die off so we motor the last day into Sitka. At least that's what it looks like right now. We think we will make landfall on July 10th. Fingers crossed we can keep up our speed and the schedule holds.
The on board routine is well set. My day starts at 1:30am with my night watch. Odin usually wakes around 6:00am and Lars and Tor sleep a little longer. We have breakfast and then I go take a nap around 9:00 for 1.5-2 hours. Tor, Lars and Odin hang out while I nap, usually playing Lego, building forts or reading. When I wake up I get our noon update ready and after that is posted we have lunch. After lunch Tor takes a nap for 2-3 hours and then it's my turn to hang out with Odin and Lars. We usually read, play Lego, do an art project or occasionally watch a movie. When Tor wakes up I make dinner and by 7:00 the boys and I are getting ready for bed. Tor goes on watch and the boys and I go to sleep together after reading. We are usually asleep by 8:00. We fit in boat sailing as conditions require, but we try hard to preserve sleep times so we try to reef or make major sail changes prior to sleep times in anticipation of calm and quiet sleep. As well as the routine is working for
us, we are ready to completely abandon it and enjoy life on land. Soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment