Noon position 6/16/16 25 59.6968N 161 49.8419 W
Noon to noon distance travelled: 139 nm
Total distance travelled: 262 nm
Distance to Sitka (straight line): 2189 nm
Why do they call it sea legs? Shouldn't it be called sea stomach? Whatever it is, we don't have it. I was pretty sure I was going to be able to report that the boys had their sea legs, because they had some yogurt and held it down for quite a long time, then I gave them more and that appears to have been a mistake. Yogurt throw up is terrible. We've had lots of philosophical discussions about what foods and liquids are good for throwing up, yogurt is on the bad list. Odin is back to feeling really lousy. Lars is doing better, but still sequestered in our berth, now eating saltines. I'm ready for this phase of the passage to be over! Tor is feeling okay, but certainly not in top form. He's on deck getting as much fresh air is possible. My three poor dudes!
In other news, well there isn't any. Briefly we were sailing to Japan, but we got back on course. That's about it.
I did have one thought for my Facebook friends: while out at sea, I can't see Facebook, or blogger at all. I post to the blog by sending an email (that takes several minutes to send, especially if it has a photo), and then the post is automatically shared to FB. So, if you post comments to Facebook, I can't see them, but if you post them to the blog, they come to me in email form and I can actually see them, though I can't respond. Not that I'm fishing for comments, just so you know why I'm not responding.
Jess
ReplyDeleteSorry I guess we should have warned you how wet beating into the NE trades can be. our jibe sheet parted 3 days out and we re-hoisted the jib using the spinnaker halyard.
It took us 16 day 18 hr to get to Sitka and it is a cold trip.
Love to all Scott and Donna